The Mobile Movement
Mobile has been adopted faster than any consumer technology in history. The smart phone is the one device that is always on and always-connected! Over time, the increasing pattern of mobile usage and technological developments have created techsavvy users who rely on their mobile devices to respond to emails, communicate with one another, purchase products, read reviews and watch video's on an overwhelming basis. This trend of using mobile-first is being lead by the Millennial generation. As a result of this shift in mobility and its rapid adoption by these young users, successful businesses are encouraged to plan ahead for Millennial users, talent and customers.Did you know that by 2018, Millennials will have the most spending power of any generation. Their annual spend is predicted to be around $2.5 trillion and 41% of them have already made purchases with their mobile (Edelman Digital). If you don't have a mobile strategy in place, we recommend you get on it fast.
The Millennial Generation....
- By 2018, Millennials will have the most buying power of any generation - forecasted to spend $2.45 trillion (annual).
- By 2025, 3 out of every 4 workers globally will be Millennial.
- 87% of Millennials say they are never without their smart phones.
- 80% of them reach for their smart phones the moment they wake up.
- More than 77% of them strongly feel that they should be able to stream video wherever they are.
- Proactively adapt to a mobile-first business strategy.
- Support mobility with evolving wireless infrastructure, devices and apps.
- Be aware that Millennials will be interacting with you on mobile devices, so adapt your content accordingly.
- Leverage the preference of mobile video to engage Millennials!
Brands Need a Mobile First Strategy
By carving out a mobile strategy, business are better able to build trust, respect and authority to position their brand as approachable, savvy and modern. They are better able to engage with their younger consumers and equip their Millennial employees for success. Studies have shown that Millennials are two times as likely to be focused on video that they watch on their mobile device versus the video than what they watch on a television. To be able to reach that audience, your business will need a mobile-first strategy.